Ways To Keep Visitors On Your Website Longer
We live in a world of instant gratification and infinite distraction. From steady streams of information to constant interruptions from our phones, it is not surprising that the human attention span is now less than that of a goldfish.
Every website’s goal is to cut through that noise, grab a user’s attention and hold on to it as long as possible. Longer visits just do not translate to more engagements and conversions but also they mean that better search rankings on Google.
As a marketer, your number one goal should be to convert those one time visitors into regular customers. You cannot achieve this goal if your visitors are not sticking around to your website to read out your content. The longer your visitors stay on your website, the more engaged they will be and there will be higher chances of converting them into customers.
Google loves the websites that keep people engaged, and they heavily favor and reward you in terms of how your website shows up in the search engine if you keep people on your website longer than your competition. So, keeping visitors on your website for the longest amount of time is incredibly important when it comes to being found on the page of Google.
With that, here are some of the points which help you to understand the ways of engaging users and keeping visitors on your website for a longer time:
- Put your best stuff above the fold:-
- When people are making judgments about the websites in some seconds, then you cannot afford to do anything but lead with your best content.
- Always remember that visitors come to your website in search of something.
- So, include the key information up on your website to show that they are in the right place and that the content is relevant too.
- So, give your visitors a reason to stay for longer on your website by putting the best and relevant content into it.
- Make your content a readable content:-
- If you have ever clicked apparently harmless link only to find an unwieldy block of text, then you should understand how important readability is in keeping visitors.
- If the simple act of reading your content feels difficult to understand then users will leave your website in search of the same information somewhere else.
- To make your information easy to find, you should try to use bullet points and descriptive subheadings too.
- It is pretty well known that most of the people do not actually read on the web, they just scan and pick up the bits and pieces of what they are looking for.
- So, you should create more engaging elements for your visitors and significantly reduce the bounce rates also.
- Dare to be different:-
- With all of the cookie-cutter templates and listicles your readers paddle through on a daily basis, it is very much crucial to make your website stand out from the crowd.
- Grab visitors from going them and attract their attention with clear messaging and relevant content.
- So, be imaginative in your posts and develop a unique voice or your website.
- Experiment with multimedia:-
- It is known that multimedia files tend to hold the viewer’s attention for a longer time.
- Your visitors might not sit down and read a lot of words in your article, but they may listen to all of the same content in a single visit if it is conveyed via a video or audio.
Thus, hope this article gives you something insights on how to keep your visitors for a longer time on your website. With a bit of due diligence and following these best practices, you can engage those abandoning visitors and convert them into customers.